Desert and Delta
If you want to disappear into the wilderness, and escape the hooks of modern life… then Botswana needs to be top of your list. Camping under the stars, not seeing another vehicle for days, getting lost amongst baobabs. These are just a few highlights of travelling around Botswana.
One of the safest countries to visit in Southern Africa, and it offers diverse landscapes… literally from dry deserts and salt pans, to the magnificent flowing Okavanga Delta. There is no place in Africa like it.
- Take photographs of the iconic Baines Baobabs in Nxai Pan
- Sleep out under the stars on the Makgadikgadi Pans
- Catch a mokoro ride and silently slip through the water of the Okavango Delta
- Take a leisurely cruise in a motor powered boat through the waterways and look for grumpy hippos and fish eagles
- Watch elephants swim across small inlets
- Visit Chobe National Park, Moremi, Savuti, The Central Kalahari Game Reserve, Nxai Pan, to name just a few
- Take a small aircraft flight over the Okavango Delta, the ultimate photographic experience. Appreciate the vast expanse and beauty of this watery wonderland
- Horseback safaris are an option for the more adventurous