Tanzania holds a special place in our hearts. There is anticipation around every corner as you wait for the next magnificent landscape or wildlife encounter to unfold before your eyes. This really is a top destination in the world, and if you are lucky enough to see the migration, which is never a guarantee, then this will truly be at the top of the list for your most memorable holiday. Everything you have heard about Africa becomes reality when you visit Tanzania.
A truly “Out of Africa” experience
- Witness the great migration of wildebeest and zebra in the Serengeti National Park
- Take a stroll through the winding streets and alleyways of Stonetown – a UNESCO world Heritage site for its Arab and colonial architecture
- Take a trip to Ngorongoro Crater, the largest in tact volcanic caldera in the world. Teeming with game, you will also find the Olduvai Gorge, a fault line that has eroded away to reveal fossils that provide the most continuous record of human evolution
- Watch the sun rise as you take a romantic balloon ride over the plains of the Serengeti
- Photograph the magnificent Mount Kilimanjaro from the foot of the mountain, or for the more adventurous a trek can be arranged to the summit
- Visit Orkeeswa School in Orkeeswa Village, just outside of Arusha, a Masai school that Cross Africa & Co. supports (see our Pay it Forward page)
- See huge flocks of Flamingos at Lake Manyara National Park, also an ideal area for canoe safaris
- Spot the endangered Red Colobus Monkey in the Jozani Forest
- Tag in a beach holiday to Zanzibar. This is a must when going on safari… finish off with a few relaxing days on an island in the Indian Ocean
- Take a stroll through the winding streets and alleyways of Stonetown – a UNESCO world Heritage site for its Arab and colonial architecture. We also recommend you try some of the local seafood cuisine at the night market
- Catch a dhow to Prison Island to see the Giant Aldabra Tortoise, then return to your villa on Zanzibar Island for sundowners.