Zambia is an absolute gem in Africa. Itself surrounded by beautiful countries, it’s like a work of art.
The wildlife in Zambia is prolific, and the diversity of activies allows you to view them from every angle. The home of Norman Carr Safaris, Zambia holds a very special place in our hearts. The ultimate way to experience Africa is on foot. There is no way you could be disappointed after a trip to Zambia. Even during their rainy season, also known as the Emerald Season, the flora and fauna abounds.
Zambian people are respectful and friendly, which makes your trip that much more memorable.
- Witness the 2nd largest migration in the world in Liuwa Plains
- Venture onto the Busanga plains for epic predator sightings
- Take a fishing trip on the upper Zambezi river if you’re up for a fight with tiger fish and predatory bream
- Sleep out under the stars in South Luangwa, at Mchenja camp
- Walk in the footsteps of Normal Carr and take our guided walks from camp to camp in South Luangwa Encounter elephant, lion and wild dog on foot, as well as many species of birds and plains game. Leopard sightings are common in the lush riverine habitats offered along the Zambezi and Luangwa rivers
- Canoeing safaris on the Lower Zambezi
- Scenic helicopter flips over the Liuwa plains
- Spectacular wildlfowers (when in season), to photograph