The Breadbasket of Africa
Nobody can deny that Zimbabwe is still one of Africa’s top destinations, despite political intereference and poaching having dented the reputation of this still beautiful country. Despite all their difficulties, the Zimbabwean people are kind and tolerable, and their National Parks are still incredible wildlife destinations.
- Visit Victoria Falls, The Smoke that Thunders. One of the 7 Wonders of the World, twice as high and 1.5x wider than Niagra Falls, this spectacular 100m high waterfall, is a sight to behold.
- Walk amongst the giant elephants of Mana Pools. Don’t be fooled, these elephants aren’t tame, but if you are looking for a close encounter, Mana Pools is your best chance of viewing these beautiful pachyderms
- Hwange National Park is most known for its large numbers of the Big 5 and stunning lodges.
- Hire a house boat and fish along Lake Kariba, watching elephants and other wildlife as they head down to the water for their sundowner
- Take a tour to the Great Zimbabwe ruins, second in size to the pyramids of Egypt, reminding everyone that Zimbabwe was very much, and still could be… the Breadbasket of Africa.